SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summerstar_gw

Huge price increases!

summerstar
12 years ago

I sat down this morning with my Bluestone Perennial catalog and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the whopping price increases over last year. A black-eyed Susan called 'Fulgida' last year was $5.00, now $8.50. Salvia 'May Night' last year was $5.66, now is $9.50, and Globe Thistle 'Ritro' was $5.00, now is $7.50!

This was one of my favorite places to order specific varieties that I couldn't find locally. I called them and asked what caused the increase per plant, but it was lunchtime and said they want to talk to me and would return my call. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this going on with all perennial catalog companies?

Bluestone was my mainstay over 10 years and I was always happy with their friendly staff, great packaging, healthy plants and super replacement policy. To my mind they're going to lose a lot of business increasing their prices when people are having a hard time in this economy . My 2012 order for 12 plants would cost me $33 more this year compared to last year's catalog. I'm not going to use them anymore!

Comments (19)