SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craigger7

Pond Addiction (Dream Pond)

Craigger7
10 years ago

It takes a pond owner to understand the term, Pond Addict. My fever first started when I was a kid. I attempted to dig a whole in our garden so my freshly caught Bluegills could live. That was when my parents decided it was time for my first aquarium.
Four years ago I built my first pond, it wasn't my dream pond. However it was my very first pond, and that was so very special. I own a house next to my parents (which is good and bad at times) and share four acres. The running joke was, my father spent his lifetime attempting to remove rocks and boulders from the property. In 4 days, I brought back 15 ton of rock. The sound of the waterfalls helped me keep my peace of mind as I studied for my RN boards.
Now, one year after becoming a RN, I am building my dream pond. It is only the select few of us that knows how cool that is. After sitting reading my koi and pond magizines. I have discovered some fellow pond owners at work. They tell me of their ponds and heartbreaks. For example: a koi named "Big Boy" who recently passed. His owner becoming teary eyed and only we can understand (as we get strange looks from the next table).
I am writing this because you guys are my fish buddies. I tell my drinking buddies this and they say, " another pond, cool". So I thank you guys for reading, I will be following up with posts on the progress. I am having a contractor build the pond because being a RN is life. The pond will be roughly 20,000 gallons.

Thanks for reading...Craig

P.S. Dad's ecstatic, I'm bringing in more rock!

Comments (37)