SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
balamshir

Fish that can live with Redtail Catfish, Silver Arowana, etc?

balamshir
14 years ago

All my fish will be put into 2 categories, live eaters (Will eat other fish in the pond) and none-live eaters (Wont eat other fish in the pond)

Add 6 Koi (2 of each variety, 1 of each gender) (These are the only non-live eaters in my pond that I dont want to be eaten, that is why I will get them first so they have the most time to grow and have the least chance of getting hurt)

Add 8 Fresh Water Angelfish (At least 3 of each gender) (There will be less of these guys at the start than White Cloud Mountain Minnow, I want to give them more time to breed)

Add 50 White Cloud Mountain Minnow (at least 10 of each gender) (These guys are going to be my feeder fish, but this is in no way cruelty as my pond will be 20,000 gallon and each fish will have a fair fighting chance. I am getting these guys after Angelfish as they breed more and faster and they will breed faster than the fish can eat them)

... 1 month...

Add 2 Silver Arowana (1 of each gender) (Silvers are the least aggressive out of the 2 live eaters I am getting, they also eat a lot of flies and eat less feeder fish than Redtails, that is why I will get them first to give the feeders even more time to grow and breed)

... 3 weeks...

Add 2 Red Tail Catfish (1 of each gender)

So what other fish should I get? I dont care if they turn out to be feeder fish as long as they breed faster than they can be eaten. I really want some beautiful fish, preferably South American, as you can see most of my fish are from Amazon. Over feeders I prefer large fish that can grow as big as the Arowanas and Redtails. What fish do you recommend and in what part of the order should I put them in? Thanks :)

Comments (5)