SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scratchmaster8

Bhut Jolokia & Trinidad Scorpion

scratchmaster8
13 years ago

Hello all,

I live on the island of O'ahu here in Hawai'i and I love chile peppers. I won't talk too much and I'll get right to it.

A. Trinidad Scorpion

On May 10, 2010, a friend of mine gave me, as a gift, a Trinidad Scorpion plant. When he gave it too me it was pretty small and all I did was put it outside and give it literally a drop or two of water everyday. It grew slightly bigger and then I transplanted it into a bigger pot after about two weeks. When I transplanted it, I put chicken manure pellets in with it and potting soil. The plant started to die and I told another guy I knew my situation. He said that I should never have put the chicken manure pellets in with the young plant. So, he advised me to transplant the plant again and that I could still save the plant. So, I transplanted it again and only put potting soil. The plant was doing ok at first and got bigger. Now, the current situation is that the plant:

- has white fuzz underneath the bottom of it

- has random holes in it's leaves

- the leaves are turning yellow

- has a black looking film or something growing on the bottom of it

I lost the battery recharger for my Sony Powershot and my Nikon D70 and I'm ordering new ones from Amazon. When I get them, I will be able to take pictures of the plant and show you it's current condition.

My purpose for posting about my Trinidad Scorpion plant is to see what you all think.

1. Am I doing everything correctly in growing my Trinidad Scorpion plant? [ All I'm doing is giving it water whenever the soil is dry and putting outside in the sun all day on my lanai (balcony) ]

*note - In the pot where my Trinidad Scorpion is has -> black cinders (for drainage), Natures Premium Potting soil, and the plant itself. *

B. Bhut Jolokia

Regarding the Bhut Jolokia, a co-worker of mine brought me a Bhut Jolokia pepper yesterday. I cut off a piece of it and then I saved the rest of it. I want to grow my own Bhut Jolokia plant from the pepper fruit that he gave me. I think I know what I have to do but I just want to be sure. Right now, I put the Bhut Jolokia pepper in the fridge in a plastic ziploc bag. This is my plan of what I intend to do tomorrow:

- remove all the seeds from the bhut jolokia pepper

- put some potting soil in small container (IÂm not sure how small a pot I should use or how much potting soil to use... I was planning on guesswork... :p )

- make a small hole in the soil and place all the seeds in the soil in the pot in that hole

- cover the seeds with potting soil and water everything for five seconds

- place the pot outside in the sun or shade if itÂs night time and wait

After that, I was planning on reporting back here for more instructions on what to do.

2. Is everything that I posted correct? Please clarify in detail if I'm in any way doomed for failure. I know nothing about plants as you can see. :(

Any help, advice, suggestions, guidance, etc. extremely appreciated! Thank you very much!! :)

Comments (2)