SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabro14

Primrose ('Primula Acaulis')

gabro14
17 years ago

Hi. I know nothing about perennials but I posted this message in the houseplants forum and was told I might have more luck here. I was also told this plant may not be a good houseplant. Here's what I wrote:

My friend went to a baby shower today and won one of those silly contents. She was able to pick out a prize and of course picked out a plant for me (like I need more!). Anyway, the label says 'Danova Mix' Primrose, then the more specific name on the label is "Primula acaulis". I looked it up on Google images and it's definitely the right label. It has beautiful red rose-scented flowers coming out of it.

Problem is, this is not my "style" of plant, and I have to be very choosy now, with the lack of room in my apt. So I've been giving plants away to friends. I'm so lame that I actually print out a "care sheet" for each plant I give away! I know I can get lots of info from the internet, but my one main question is that the roots are sticking out of the drainage holes, and I'm not sure if I should repot (or have my lucky inheritant repot). It looks like it's in a 4" pot. Should I advise my friend to repot in the Spring, or should they do it now. I'm not familiar with these types of plants, so I'm not sure if you should mess with it if it's in bloom.

Also, any other care info/tips would be much appreciated. And if there is a forum that is more "appropriate" for this type of plant, I'd be happy to repost there.

Thanks in advance,

Gabi

Comments (2)