SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Bike riding to STRENGTHEN knees before rose season!

phylrae
16 years ago

I'm only 50, and generally pretty strong & healthy. However, my knees are not as strong as I wish (stiffness when getting up from sitting on the floor, for instance)...my doctor said last week it could be a "little osteoarthritis." I've been taking glucosamine chondroitin daily for the same in my finger joints (there was 100% difference in just two weeks for that problem a year ago).

She suggested "running stairs" - up and down. I don't have many stairs in my house. I need something practical and inexpensive.

The gym teacher at my school (where I work) suggested just doing a lot of BIKE RIDING. Does anyone here have the same "condition" and has bike riding helped?

I haven't had a decent bicycle/really ridden one in about 20 years!!! Sounds like a fun way to help. Gary said he'd either fix my old one or get me/us new ones, so that we could BOTH get into better shape. We DO walk ALOT on our jobs, and as often as weather permits at home.

Just wondering....pruning season for us starts in less than a month, and I have 80 rose bushes or more to prune, and lots of digging to do as well.

Thanks! :0) Phyl

Comments (8)