SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jont1

J&P 2007 Hybrid Tea Test Rose Panel

jont1
16 years ago

Has anyone here grownt he 2007 J&P Test Rose Panel??

I did and was quite happy with them. Three of the four are/will be commercially offered. "April in Paris" and "Southern Belle" are already on the market from that panel of roses.

The mauve rose--JACmeara--that was in the panel is apparently going to be offered this coming year and if I recall correctly will be the rose of the year. I really liked the mauve for the way it broke dormancy and it's first flush of bloom in the spring. The flowers were very fragrant and well made though I really think they should have lasted longer than what they did. I was however very disappointed in the later blooming of this rose as it was very sparse and the few blooms it did have were not of a very high quality as far as I was concerned. It is still in a container and if it survives the winter I will probably transplant it to the garden to see how well it grows. It may bloom better in the ground than in the container. I certainly hope so.

The coral pink rose in the panel was a repeat from the prior year. I liked it immensely and am disappointed that they are not going to market it due to weak necks and sloppy finishing color of bloom. I didn't see either of those problems in my two bushes. My first year pink bush had 25 individual roses in it's first flush and continued to be a super bloomer last year as well. I like it better than the "April in Paris" rose just for my two cents worth.

The pictures of this years Test Rose Panel look super and I can hardly wait for them to get here. I hope they grow and bloom as good as the pictures look. Especially the striped one and the two bi-color plants. The fourth looks like a typical red.

John

Comments (2)