SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drew_2008

Ponytail Transplant Help Needed

drew_2008
15 years ago

Ponytail Transplant Help Needed

I have started some Ponytail Palms from seed using the Deno(Baggy) method. I am quite puzzeled by these seeds, and I am looking for some guidance on when and how to transplant it.

I will start by telling you what I have done so far, then I will get to my questions. The picture below shows the current state from the Baggy using Coffee Filters.

The seeds were started by soaking for 24 hours, and then placing them in the Baggy/Coffee Filter. I placed the seeds behind the first

Layer of the folded filter to allow it to get some light. I used water mixed Hydrogen Peroxide (regular 3% variety) ratio was 1:20 water:peroxide. It took

about two weeks before the first one started showing any signs of germination. The photo below is after about 7-10 days of growth on the first one to germinate.

Here are the questions:

1) When should I move them from the baggy to a pot to have best odds of them surviving? I am concerned about moving them to early or waiting too long.

2) What would be the best type of soil mixture for me to move them into?

3) How should I place them into the soil(how deep, direction, etc)?

4) What type of exposure should I give this fragile little seedling?

Any addl info besides the questions above would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

{{gwi:242692}}

Comment (1)