SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cwjudd

Question regarding bio filter and bubbling

9 years ago

I just installed a new bio filter on my koi pond and since installing it (8 hours), the pond keeps bubbling. Should I be concerned about this? Will the bubbling subside as the filter is worn in? The man at the pond shop sold me the bio filter and told me that I could just hook it up and connect it that it would not affect the fish or the pond. I have attached a picture of what this looks like.

It is a 250 gallon insert pond liner with a waterfall and a 1600 gallon per hour pump fueling the waterfall. I did not have the bubbling until I installed the bio filter. The koi are only 6 inches long currently and have been living in the pond for the past 4 weeks with no issues. They appear to be very healthy and eat well 3 times a day in the hot summer days.

I am looking for advice. I want to make sure that this will eventually clear up and I was told that the water would be alot clearer in about 3-4 days by installing the bio filter. Until this point, I had no bio filter on the pond and the fish were doing well.

Thank you.

Bill

Comments (3)