SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurell_gw

Almost full sun, large evergreen shrub

laurell
15 years ago

Hello,

I'm interested in evergreen shrubs to create an informal hedge of sorts. My yard slopes down away from the house, as a result, despite our 6 foot fence, the neighbors have no problems seeing into all of our windows from their second story window. Their house is also a terrible color and I'd like to block it from view as much as possible. I believe that I'll need a 15-25 foot shrub/tree to accomplish this.

I'm planning to use Pacific Wax Myrtle to screen parts of the view to their house, but I'm not sure that it will block all of their views so I'd prefer to play it safe and get something that grows a little larger but isn't invasive. As it is now, the only thing I can think of is Abutus Unedo, or Strawberry Tree, but I'm always looking for the "ideal" plant to put there.

In the photos, please disregard the overall destroyed and overgrown state of the yard. I removed a huge amount of vinca minor, a couple stumps, and I'm in the process of trying to wrap up about 15 projects back there so it doesn't look like a war zone.

Their house is the roof on the far left, behind the pampas grass, from this angle you can only see their 1st story.

{{gwi:246345}}

This is from the deck

{{gwi:246346}}

{{gwi:246347}}

Comments (2)