SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brownthumbia

yet another question(s)

brownthumbia
15 years ago

We made a skippy filter so now I have a question. Right now, and I'm going to re-do this, I have lava rock in the filter along with some other filter media. What I can't get through my thick head is----it looks like a little bit of the green stuff (algae?) is running right back into the pond. Is this what it is supposed to do?

Now for dumb question #2--if I put a lot of scrubbies in the skippy, how do I clean them off when they get really dirty and how often? Somewhere I read where you do not clean them off.....ever.

oops, another question----- question #3...Just bought a new Pondmaster pump and would like to know what is the difference between a submerged or in-line filter. Sounds to me like the in-line wouldn't have to be in the water but saleslady says that isn't what it means but not very good at explaining what it is.

Thanks again for all the help. I just cannot get my pond to clear up and it's been running for at least a month. Tired of cleaning the filter once or twice a day. Very discouraging!!! Had the same thing last year. Ready to hire a backhoe. Thanks again. BT

Comments (2)