SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ernie_m_gw

My poor sick Koi (still going!)

ernie_m
13 years ago

It's now been 2 1/2 weeks since my lovely 12" all gold Koi took ill. (First post here: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/ponds/msg071551388164.html?3)

I believe I found what may be some teeth marks on his belly. He's also got some bacteria infections which is probably what slowed him down to get caught.

I've got him in an about 20 gallon quarantine tank, change 25% water daily. Just stopped antibiotics after 12 days, still supplying salt.

His shape is terrible, his tail curves up and from the top his spine is S shaped. He can swim just a little but is very unco-ordinated; mostly he twitches when he tries to swim.

For a few days early this week another infection started on his top tail fin but subsided in a couple of days.

I still have some hope for the guy if he can get it together to swim to his food. Nightly when I change the water I turn off the pump and air so the water settles and drop some food pellets in, and he seems to get active, perhaps trying to eat some food! I do keep "weekend feeder" tabs with him so maybe he can get some nourishment from that.

I don't really have any questions, I'm in a "wait and see" mode. However if you do have any suggestions please let me know.

And thank you to those who have prayed for my fish!

Comments (2)