SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Pond nearing completion - questions

Debbie Downer
15 years ago

Can't believe it- actually getting my new bigger pond finished (about 700-800 gallons). Just a few more things and then the liner goes in. And then water and fish!

I've not yet figured out the pump/ filtration thing yet - could anyone take a look at the info below and make suggestions or at least let me know if you think I'm on the right track yet. Because my old pond guru (a local guy) is no longer doing business I'm needing to depend on internet. Pondmaster site and other sites aren't terribly helpful or clear about what would work in my situation.

I do want a pondmaster pump - am thinking of either the MD 12 or 9.5. (I will measure the water as I fill the pond to make sure of the amt. before ordering new pump & )

Website sez this pump is "submerged or inline". Does inline mean external?

If used externally - is it noisy? I've been around ponds that are horribly noisy and DO NOT WANT THAT.

What kind of filtration. Something external is obviously more convenient but again pondmaster site is not too clear. What exactly do I want? There is a pressurized filter thing = is that what I want, how does it hook up to the pump? Actually the filtration does not need to be Pondmaster if something else would work better or more efficiently (or cheaper).

T.I.A. for any advice, suggestions. I do have some books and have been doing reading but Im at the point where I need specific advice/ info on specific products - not generalities.

Also one more question. If the fish go outside the beginning of August is that enough time for them to fatten up before winter and get acclimated and adjusted to the new surroundings before it gets cold in October/November (they've been in a tank in the basement for 3 years). This would be the first time they spend the winter outdoors so I want to be sure my babies will survive!

Comments (7)