SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertratrose

Memphis King - your experiences

11 years ago

I'm looking over my potted bands from Heirloom. All in the same spot are Ruby Baby (x2), Amazing Grace, Memphis King, and Busy Bee. there are another 50 or so roses around my front yard with these roses in pots on my front porch. Despite recent rains (protracted for us, but consider the Phoenix area), I have only one rose planted out in the garden with even a hint of powder mildew: Soroptomist International, which I sort of tolerate despite the mildew because its determined to grow lush, full and bloom its head off and when the foliage is clean, its gorgeous.

Memphis King, on the other hand, might as well have been frosted or snowed over its so white and been hit so hard by powdery mildew. Is this normal or did it likely just come in with the spores present and after some treatments will it likely be clean or cleaner going forward? I'd dump it for another red or dark red mini-flora if its likely to be a persistent problem in my no spray garden.

Memphis Magic has been wonderful for me, for example, and I could find another source for another.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Suz

Comment (1)