SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jemmabeam

Please Help Identify This Green Plant - Tropical?

15 years ago

Hello - I have 4 pretty indoor crotons, and was looking for a medium size green plant for contrast. In the meantime, a little green plant at Home Depot caught my eye, and I bought it. The saleswoman didn't know what it was, except "it's part of our tropical plant sale".

A customer standing nearby thought it was a pothos, but I can't find any pothos description/picture that seems to fit. The leaves felt kind of thin and fern-like to me, but I couldn't find a fern description/picture that fit, either.

And it turns out that the leaves are not thin/uncoated - the plant just needed some water. I'm not sure how to describe how the leaves feel now - maybe a little bit waxy or leathery (smooth).

{{gwi:316509}}

I thought I'd let the plant dry out between waterings, but it starts to wilt, even when top soil is moist, and seems to need some watering every day.

I sort of ruled out it being a vine, because there were some larger examples of it at the store, and they were all growing vertically. But maybe it is, or could it be a shrub?

As you can see, I'm lost, so any ideas about identity, or guidance about sun/watering is appreciated. Thanks!

{{gwi:316510}}
{{gwi:316511}}

Image link:

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor