SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Two More Wild Edrics

Since Heirloom is having a sale on English Roses I decided to add another two Wild Edric roses to the two I already have. The two bands I have which arrived as bare sticks are doing wonderfully well, having leafed out almost immediately and producing buds, of which I'm only allowing one to remain and open. Many of my roses are showing mildew (probably from the warm days and cool nights) but not this rose. The foliage is bright green and impeccable and has been since the first day. I'm replacing Pink Rosette with one of these newcomers, since it's done nothing in spite of plenty of TLC and way more water than I can justify. I'll plant the second WE in a gallon pot and replace any other rose that is doing poorly in our terribly warm winter. The drought is continuing and WE is said to be very drought tolerant, in addition to having a beautiful color and fragrance. I'm determined to have some roses for as long as I can have a garden and am now constantly searching out roses that can withstand heat and drought. I won't plant a rose that doesn't please me, but from now on my first criterion is going to be whether it can survive in the present and future conditions of continued drought.

Ingrid

Comments (6)