SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzette316

What to plant for height, but not width . . .

Suzette316
12 years ago

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you could give me some ideas of what to plant along my back fence that would give us some privacy, while providing flowers and lovely foliage.

Our backyard is quite narrow, so I would like something that grows no shorter than 8' but no taller than 12' or so. Width-wise, I would like it no more than 10' (less would be better.)

We have typical Georgia clay soil, but I could amend the soil in that area. It gets a lot of morning sun and then goes into light shade around mid afternoon.

I'm not necessarily looking for a dense privacy screen, just something to block the direct view of the houses behind us. So even something a bit more airy would fine. I'm really open to hearing any an all suggestions.

It can be tree or shrub, evergreen or deciduous. We love to feed the birds so if it had berries at some point that's a bonus. Flowers are preferred (but not a deal breaker)and if they smell heavenly, that would be even better! :-)

Thanks so much for any help you can give me. And since I'm brand new to this great forum, if there is another area here that also has information that would help me, I'd love to be directed to it.

~Suzette

Comments (13)