SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Question About Fertilizing Rose Bands

I asked this question on the rose forum too......I have ordered quite a few bands, have them potted up in a good rose soil/Miracle Gro w/out fertilizer soil mix and mulched. They are right outside my garage in protected plastic covered greenhouses, plenty of sunlight. They are leafing out, growing well [I am in Texas, 2 hours from Houston]. A couple have started losing a bit of color in their leaves, I am afraid of chlorisis. The first batch was planted in December, the 2nd in January and I have 4 more to plant today. I used an electronic soil PH meter - they all tested about 7.0, but who knows if that is accurate. They all look healthy except for the light green leaves on 3 of them. I am wondering how to correct this - want to be cautious with my babies and not give them anything that would make them decline, so thought I would ask the experts on the Forum for advice. And any advice on success with bands is appreciated! Already got a bloom on Sunshine, a polyantha, and have buds on Walferdange this morning! Spotted the danged aphids already at work so dripped sudsy water from a piece of paper towel on the offenders,killed them right off. I adore raising bands........just want to get every bit of help I can to get them growing well. Thanks all and Happy Valentines Day!

Judith

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting