SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jalal_gw

Cold Weather and Tornados

jalal
14 years ago

Our spring rains have finally arrived a month late. A small tornado touched down about 30 mins from here on Sat. tore up some large trees but nothing else. Tornado watch last night as well. Very strange weather this year. It's only 45F out right now--this time last year was 80F. I've been pumping water out of my pond as been filling to over the skimmer entrance daily. The good news is it's supposed to stop raining for the weekend and actually forecast is 77F still cold for this time of year. But we will have sun! My poor water lilies have buds but are just starting to open and the hyacinth is suffering from the cold. I'm hoping seeing as everything is about a month behind that we'll have summer in September???? I'm glad I'm not a farmer as my area has been declared disaster area due to no rain this spring until this last week. In order to get their insurance claims the farmers have had to respray for weeds and reseed. Barley and cannola from what I've heard as at least will have silage for the cattle in the winter.

The joys of global warming!

Comments (6)