SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Fish may have to keep their parasites

sleeplessinftwayne
16 years ago

I thought the medication choices I got in a previous post would make getting a potential parasite problem under control a breeze. I ran into what I thought was a minor glitch when I couldn't find a supplier that told me how much to use but eventually I found a site that said 'this much is for 1000 gallons'. I ordered it on friday and it came UPS today. Great service. Then I opened the package (the box and the contents must have been well over 100oF)and tried to read the instructions. After finding a magnifying glass and getting the really small jar label with very smeared print under a light I read "to treat pond fish in 1000 gallons of water...Treat for 7 days."

Brain freeze... On the front of the jar the label reads "Single dose for 1000 gallons". Does that mean that the contents of this container is the total amount needed to dose 1000 gallons or does it mean I need 6 more of these containers? By the time I finally get the info I need to dose the pond without killing my fishies the parasites will probably kill them.

Surfhead, or anyone else who has used praziquantel please advise. Sleepless Sandy

Comments (3)