SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lov2dig

Help! My 10ft ?? Shrub is Dying!!

lov2dig
17 years ago

We just moved into this house a month ago after it had been vacant for over 6 months. The yard was in dire need of care and so far we've done well in reviving it. We have several very large 10ft shrubs that grace the back yard and one of them seems to be dying. It's thining out, and leaves are turning brown and falling off, and all the leaves on the shrub seem to look droopy. Although I am a pretty good novice garder,I dont know the name of the shrub so I can't seem to find out how to care for it. The shrub in question had another one growing 2ft away on the backside of it. That shrub was completely dead, so we cut it down thinking that was the reason for the living shrubs problem....perhaps overcrowding?? After we cut the dead one away, we saw that the backside of the living shrub was bare and dead and only the front of it has leaves. There are three more like this that surround the area where the dying shrub is, but these other shrubs are healthy and thriving. We really do not want to loose this shrub! It's one of the major focal points in the backyard. Please help us save it!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz