SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyhair

David Austin Eden Rose -Hot, Humid Central FL?

daisyhair
10 years ago

Hello my rosarian friends!

I am working on an order for new David Austin roses. How does anyone ever narrow it down? I am looking for (5) more this year!!!

One I am REALLY wanting and have wanted for a couple of years is Eden.

I am a bit confused though re: David Austin Eden rose and the others I see on line named Pierre de Ronsard Eden rose (they look almost the same to me.) Are they the same rose?

Any D.A. you are growing that are doing well in hot/humid conditions I would love to know!

For me my best two are Jude the Obscure and Abraham Darby. (both have shade approx 3PM on). My Golden Celebration is ok too but still in a pot -I know it really needs to go in the ground I just don't know the best sun for it STILL.. I think it can handle full, all day FL sun. I think I am going to just plant it and see!

I have a Pat Austin I am babying that is fair.. I keep it in morning sun only. I love the color of these blooms so much!

My last rose is Alnwick and it's looking good.. It didn't do great late Summer (in pot as well) so I really pruned it (by 2/3) and will try to keep it in early AM sun too maybe.

My only failures have been two Glamis Castle and they lived for two years.

I appreciate any suggestions, comments!

Comments (9)