SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mehitabel_gw

What's blooming/ in spike for you now?

mehitabel
16 years ago

Haven't seen one of these posts for a while now, and I used to enjoy them and create shopping lists from them. So I hope you'll add your blooms and spikes to this.

I just found a surprise spike on Onc Gower Ramsey. This one bloomed for a long time last spring and summer, and I wasn't expecting a spike from it yet. But there it is. A trooper. Belongs on anyone's list of bloomingest Oncids.

The next two are so beautiful, I am going to describe rather than list them.

Slc Hsin Buu Lady, (L anceps x Slc) blooming. A deep, intense, glowing red/magent. Glorious color, more beautiful even than Queen Beer. Flower is anceps shape, but plant is compact, and spike not as tall as anceps, only app 12-15" high. Pictures do not do the color justice.

Bc Maikai 'Leah', (B nodosa x C bowringiana). This started opening yesterday. It'is a cluster bloomer that blooms in fall. Flowers have dots on the backs of the tepals, so you can see the dots from the time the buds start to form. Leah has flowers a little bigger than other maikais, I think it's 4N. Tepals magenta over green, silky sheen. Lip is deep, velvety magenta.

Bc Maikai 'Louise' AM/AOS. This one is awarded, but flowers are smaller than Leah, also more like purple than magenta. Many clusters of flowers dotted with purpose. Shadows showing in the sheath.

Eplc Butterfly Kisses, spike forming. (E magnoliae x Lc Trick or Treat) has tall spikes with many smallish

Onc/Mtdm Rosy Sunset. Many spikes of shiny pink, nice fragrance. from Parkside in 06. Blooms twice a year

O Sharry Baby

Mtssa Dark Star Darth Vader.

O Aloha Iwanaga yellow

O Sweet Sugar yellow

O Millenium Gold yellow, but the "ladies" are 3". Very showy

Phals: (and why I love them)

violacea x P Viotris in bloom since July

Dtps Fire Cracker 'Blue Martini' since last Summer

Sogo Champion -- in bloom or spike 16 of the last 18 months

Dtps Queen Beer -- in bloom since about May

Ming-Hsing Yellow Boy -- in bloom since about May

I-Hsin Sunflower -- since July

Sogo Smith

Br Sally Taylor hybrid

Others in spike, but length of bloom time on some of these worth noting.

Comments (83)

• mehitabel
    Original Author
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm smiling just reading this thread and the pictures. So much success, so many in bloom, such bounty, so many different orchid tastes. I'd almost forgotten how much fun this kind of thread can be. So thanks, everyone. Keep them coming!

CJ, I always look forward to seeing your lists. Sure keeps me humble :)

snaxs -- aren't you going to tell us the name of your beauty?

• maloria
    16 years ago

In Sheath:
    Lc Fire Dance 'Patricia'
    Pot Kayla's Smile 'Ben'

In Spike:

Dendro Cobbianium (15 spikes)
    Dtps Sogo Little Beauty X Dtps Taisuco Jewel (1 spike)
    Ludisia Discolor (10 spikes)
    Paph Noid (Maudiae black form) (1 spike)
    Paph Somers's Isle 'HOF Jumbo' AM/AOS (1 spike)
    Phal Noid (white) (3 spikes)

Blooming:

Anoectochiles Roxburghii
    B Little Stars (8 spikes - the fragrance is overwhelming after 9:30 pm)
    B nodosa (5 spikes - ditto on the fragrance)
    Bc Binosa 'Wabash Valley' AM/AOS (just finishing - 4 spikes)
    Bl Sunset Glory (L Purpurata x BL Richard Mueller) (been blooming since May - it keeps throwing new spikes)
    Cym Golden Elf x Cym iridifolium (just finishing)
    Cym Noid - Home Depot (one spike finishing - 4 more in bud)
    Den Noid (phal type)
    Dor pulcherrima white (just finishing to bloom 6 spikes)
    Lc Bowri-Albida 'Pink Lady' (just finishing - 6 spikes)
    Phrag Don Wimber
    Sc Crystelle Smith 'BK Orchids' (it keeps going, and going..)
    V Sansai Blue 'Acker's Pride' FCC/AOS (just finishing)

Recent blooming purchases:

Epi Volcano Trick
    Paph Barbilight (Barbi Playmate x Nulight) (in spike)
    Burr Kilauea Volcano Queen AM/AOS

• Related Discussions

Phal prolif with flower spike..now what??

Q

Comments (7)
    Brooke - Wow I never knew daylilies make keikis nor that they were called prolifs! I have never seen one before, but I guess with the number of dlilies you grow, you're bound to see some. Pandy - saw your picture. Congrats :) I've never managed to get any keikis on my orchids. Some people don't like them, but I think it's a great way to get a new plant from sympodial orchids, especially for varieties I can't find anymore.
    ...See More

What do you have blooming for butterflies right now?

Q

Comments (4)
    Well I can't find my zinnia seeds. : ( I found some from a couple of years ago and if those germinate, I'll have plenty. I should have some volunteers too, but it would be nice if I could find the seeds I bought earlier this year. grrr When you mentioned perennial salvia, you reminded me that I have May Night blooming or seedlings from it at least. I don't think I still have the original plant. I need to watch and see if any hummingbirds/butterflies visit that. I don't think so though. I've seen a couple Monarchs fluttering by but they didn't stop and have seen a few Black Swallowtails. I have never seen a Zebra Swallowtail in my yard. Those are the ones that use Pawpaw as a host plant. I have a five inch tall Pawpaw planted by my fence row now and two more, just as small, in pots that I will plant this fall. I planted two last fall but only one made it through the winter.
    ...See More

What do you have blooming right now? :)

Q

Comments (9)
    I've posted quite a few pictures already this season, but here are some recent shots. Lots of red in my garden now. It's funny how I went from mostly orange bloomers, then to yellow, and now it's primarily red. It would be great if I could have a little of each color all season long. Crocosmia 'George Davidson' Blackberry Lily (seeds came from Skybird) Gazania 'Talent Red' (wintersown) Silene regia (wintersown in '09, I think) Penstemon pinifolius Daylily 'Santa's Gift' (came from Catladysgarden) Gaillardia 'Goblin' (I love how once these start blooming, they go all the way till first frost if deadheaded occasionally) Most of the daylilies are finishing up now, so is the Achillea, Golden Marguerite, and Butterfly Weed. July was definitely the peak of the bloom season, especially for the daylilies. This was their best year yet! Bonnie
    ...See More

What hostas are blooming for you now?

Q

Comments (13)
    And I have a few fresh pics today of current bloomers :) Inaho (not open yet): Irish Luck (just ending): Lullabye (over halfway done): Marilyn Monroe (none open yet): Purple Heart (first flower opened yesterday): Raspberry Sorbet (none open yet): Rocket's Red Glare (none open yet): Sky Dancer (about halfway done): Tickle Me Pink (first flower opened a couple days ago): Twilight Time (first flower opened yesterday):
    ...See More
  • snasxs
    16 years ago

mehitabel, it is sad to tell you that I had to give away 99% of my collections. I had to move on. At departure, I only kept a couple small ones and I did not remember what they are. They looked sickly so the "friends" did not want to accept. I will post pictures after they bloom.

• mehitabel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

snasxs, I'm so sorry to hear that. Your pictures are so beautiful, it must have been hard to give them up.

I hope you have a growing place in your new home.

• richardol
    16 years ago

{{gwi:208014}}I have lots of spikes and flowers, but the most exciting is this Masdevallia pachyura var leptua. It has more than 20 spikes and will be spectacular when they are all open. This is the first blooming for me since I only got it in August.

This grows in Ecuador and Peru in wet moutain forests above 3000 ft, so I am really happy that I can provide conditions it likes.

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    16 years ago

In bloom for me;

Onc. "Carnival costume" (1 in bloom another spiking)
    Den. "Salaya Minist"
    Den Sena red
    Catt. Summer christmas "Maria"
    Catt. Little toshie "Gold Country" (almost done)
    Phal. "Golden Treasure"

• highjack
    16 years ago

Wow Richard, I need one of those masdies. It is gorgeous.

Brooke

• sfdracula
    16 years ago

outside blooming/in spike

Cochlioda vulcanica

Dracula andreettae
    Dracula bella
    Dracula chestertonii
    Dracula cochliops
    Dracula cordobae
    Dracula cutis-bufonis
    Dracula deltoidea
    Dracula inaequalis
    Dracula levii
    Dracula polyphemus
    Dracula robledorum
    Dracula sodiroi
    Dracula vampira
    Dracula wallisii

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii

Laelia anceps
    Laelia gouldiana

Masdevallia caesia

Mediocalcar decoratum

Inside growing

Paph bellatulum
    Paph delenatii
    Paph gratrixianum
    Paph liemianum
    Paph malipoense
    Paph micranthum
    Paph volonteanum

Paph NORITO HASEGAWA

Phal ??
    Phal mini ??

Phragmipedium lindleyanum

Danny

• snasxs
    16 years ago

{{gwi:208015}}
    These are rather expensive. It costs $150 for each shoot.

• snasxs
    16 years ago

mehitabel, here are some of the cattleya:

{{gwi:208016}}

{{gwi:208017}}

• scott361
    16 years ago

Blc. Toshie Aoki'Encore' x C.interglossa'Dogashima'-spikes

Bulbophyllum plumatum (syn Rhytionanthos)-spike
    Bulbophyllum mirum (syn Rhytionanthos)-bloomin' again
    Bulbophyllum sessile-blooms/spikes

Cattleya skinneri'Cabeza Grande'-spike
    Cattleya skinneri'Casa Luna'(original division)-spikes
    Cattleya Percivaliana Summit-spikes
    Cattleya trianae'Buga'-spike

Encyclia cochleata-spikes

Dracula mantissa(ID was changed)-bloom fading

Lc Warneri-been in bloom for a month, or so.

Neolehmannia porpax-Blooming continuously for several months

Probably a few more, but that would take more time to look around.
    Some of the minis are hard to see in time.
    So..I don't always know what's going on with them! ;~)

Scott

• highjack
    16 years ago

Finally got around to uploading pics to Picture Trail. Here are some of my current bloomers.

Phrag. Chuck Acker {{gwi:208018}}

Phrag. Praying Mantis - first time bloomer for me {{gwi:208019}}

Wils. Aloha Sparks 'Ruby Sparks' {{gwi:208020}}

C. Bob Betts 'York' {{gwi:138968}}

Blc. Chia Lin 'New City' {{gwi:138965}}

Phal. Yaphon Girl - first time bloomer for me {{gwi:208021}}

Phrag. After Glow - notice the branch in back of the bloom. This had a branch last year but I think this year it is going to have two branches. This plant bloomed for months and before I could repot into s/h, it threw another spike. {{gwi:208022}}

Hope you enjoyed the picture show.

Brooke - thumbnails are clickable

• littlem_2007
    16 years ago

wow, i did indeed enjoyed the pictures - every single one of them. thanks to everyone for sharing.
    sue

• mehitabel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Highjack, that P Yaphon Girl is gorgeous. I would considering mugging someone for that one. Was it from Big Leaf?

Thanks for the pics.

• highjack
    16 years ago

Yes, mehitabel, Big Leaf this spring. It has a nice scent even in the cool. If I would ever see sun it might even smell stronger. The leaves are the big apple green with a great shine to them. The blooms are a couple of inches and very waxy - lots of future blooms to follow.

Thanks sue, glad you enjoyed them. It's a good pick me up on a dreary day to see blooms.

Brooke

• snasxs
    16 years ago

comming!
    {{gwi:208023}}

• cjwatson
    16 years ago

Which Paph is it? Nice leaves!

• scott361
    16 years ago

Ahemm, Danny!

You will, of course, be posting photos??
    Of your Dracs, I mean!

With that Bay Area climate, I fully expect them to be gorgeous! (poke...poke!) ;~)

Scott

• highjack
    16 years ago

snasxs - you need to clear out some of those beautiful paphs and give yourself more room. Let me be the first to volunteer to help you. N - I - C - E Pics to follow?

Brooke

• sweetcicely
    16 years ago

Oh, My! Snasxs, that pot o' Paphs is about to be Spectacular!

And Brooke, I'm sitting here yummying over those pics, especially your Phrag After Glow and(ditto-ing Mehitabel) your Phal Yaphon Girl.

Mmm mmm mmm!

• littlem_2007
    16 years ago

all I can say is that my wish list is becoming longer and longer (sigh!!).
    sue

• highjack
    16 years ago

It's called enabling sue. Hope your pencils sharp and note pad is handy.

Brooke

• littlem_2007
    16 years ago

hello, brooke, believe or not, i usually do have a pad and pencil by me when i read these threads. i carry a list of what i want to buy in my wallet, just in case... happy holidays.
    sue

• snasxs
    16 years ago

... and this:

{{gwi:208025}}

• mehitabel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Snaxs, that is a beautiful thing! What is it? And, are those two or three little things off to the side seedlings of it?

Just an update, and a little more enabling:

Mtssa Dark Star 'Darth Vader' opened. I got this as a result of some enablement here in '06, when I asked what the most beautiful Mtssa was, and got several votes for this one.

They were right! It really is beautiful. Tepals are that watered taffeta with a silky shine, in a wine color. And the lip, a brilliant velvety intense magenta. Beautiful. Has four spikes with at least two flowers each. A nice reward for an almost totally neglected plant last summer. So an easy grower as well as compact and beautiful.

• snasxs
    16 years ago

mehitabel, some photo-updates. See if you can predict the colors. You should share your pictures too.

{{gwi:208027}}

{{gwi:208029}}

{{gwi:208031}}

• highjack
    16 years ago

Is it C perci?

Brooke

• highjack
    16 years ago

Ooops, can't be perci, your's is a bifoliate. I flunked.

Brooke

• snasxs
    16 years ago

Hi Brooke, please do not be so serious. You did not "flunk". Even a computing machine makes mistake. I think you are great!

mehitabel, no, those little leaves are some weeds. I am sure someone has this purple-spotted thing in its collection.

• Sheila
    16 years ago

Hey everyone this is the day I never thought would come! I used to read these lists & be green with envy. . Now about 100 plants later......I'm thrilled to report:

In bloom:
    Paph Raisin Pie x Supersuk (purchased in bloom-I've a terrible record with paphs!)

Den Mingle's Sapphire (also purchased in bloom, gorgeous blued very long lasting blooms)
    Den Lorrie Mortimer
    Half a dozen misc dends (love'm)

Blc Yellow Bird
    Blc Maikai 'Leah'
    Petite Stars (one of my very favs)
    Blc Golden Tang (brought back from death's door & still gave me one lovely bloom)
    Fabulous White Catt-NOID (huge 6+", frilly & Fragrant!!! Thx Rex, I love it!)

Cynth Amazing (and it is well named, been blooming for about 5-6 mo)
    Perrie.....Motes Leprechaun (also blooming for months & fragrant)

NOID Oncid (perhaps Jerry's Robe)
    Alicerra Butter Buds
    Mdme Bartley Schwartz (also back from death's door, only two blooms so far)
    PSYCHOPSIS PAPILLIO (my biggest thrill of '07!)
    Howeara Lava Burst (purchased in bloom)

Two pretty multifloral phals

In bud:

Blc Chan Hsin Jewell (just bloomed about 4 mo ago)
    Blc Simba's Song - always dependable bloomer
    4 NOID Catts - hopefully can ID them from my tags after they bloom
    Epi Mabel Kandra
    Epicatt ??? forget the name

Rhyn Gigantea, wow 2 spikes setting lots of buds, first blooming

Also budding my first nobile type dend. Can't read most of the ID...something gold 'Sun Glow'. I do hope these are buds started and not kiekies.

Many phals in various stages of buds & spikes.

Maybe, fingers crossed, a Max tenuifolia.

Wow.....didn't realize I had that many.

Happy growing.
    Sheila

• scott361
    16 years ago

Although I don't have one and wouldn't even be sure were to get one...
    Is it Cypripedium lichiangense?

At first, I was thinkin' Cyp. margaritaceum.
    But that wasn't quite right.
    I'm stickin' with this for now.

You do have a thing for those obscure Chinese orchids, don't you! ;~)(poke...poke!)

• cattleya17
    16 years ago

Hey mehitabel its samuel and i have some mostly good updates and a bad one..... First the bad news my ang leonis the big bud i showed you guys it blasted. but it set this new one
    {{gwi:208032}}

And Guess What?? My Campobello Mendenhall HCC/AOS with the fat sheath...... well it burst open all the way to the tip of the sheath there are two buds here it is.
    {{gwi:208033}}
    {{gwi:208034}}
    {{gwi:208035}}

So now how long do you think before they burst into bloom? in thinking in 2 or 3 weeks!!!!!!!! should i leave the sheath alone? i think i should.... Right? Anyways things are going awsome.
    Samuel

• texasopt
    16 years ago

Wow some of you have quite a collection!!

The only things I have in bud/bloom right now are:

Howeara Lava Burst in bud

Phal little yellow boy -in bloom since August, when I bought it and I just found another spike starting today!

• mehitabel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, Samuel. Lovely to see your pics on this thread. And really delighted to hear from you again. I thought you were gone.

Your little new Ang bud is coming along beautifully. Already has the little tail.

Your Campobello plant and buds look marvelous. When will it bloom? Could be even sooner than two-three weeks. Here's what happens with catt buds:

1. First, they break out of the sheath, which yours have just done.

2. Then they develop some more while pointed straight up. Gets fatter, sometimes starts to show color. This may not be a real long time.

3. Then the bud changes from being straight up, to dropping it's head so it points out or even down sometimes. It also usually re-orients itself -- just twists itself around so that it will open right-side-up.

Watch for these changes in your buds. Each one is a signal of what it is about to do next.

Once it has dropped it's head, it will start to puff up and usually opens within just two or three days of that.

I always find it really exciting to watch them go thru their little dance of opening. I'm sure you will, too.

When it opens, I hope you will post a picture of it (and of your Ang) for everyone to ooh and aah on over at the gallery, and here too if you want to.

PS I'm glad you didn't really leave. I notice that nasty things on the board are being erased by the people who run the board all the time, so if you want to you could start posting again here.

I hope you will.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime you have questions above anything.

your friend,

mehitabel

• snasxs
    16 years ago

Scott,

I think it is what you think. I am sure many people have it: for example here . I am not chasing after the rare and endangered. I just love the retarded purple spots :-) Talking about spots, will you answer my question about the black banded and blue spotted sunfish.

C

• pcan-z9
    16 years ago

Samuel!! Looking GOOD!! Pictures when they bloom out!!!
    I'm excited for you!!
    Pat........

• scott361
    16 years ago

Okay...okay!
    I finally got around to working on some photos of my fish!
    I'll upload them ASAP!
    I've been bustin' my butt with ranch stuff and time is scarce before the rains really get here.
    I've been repairing fences and working on my frickin' irrigation ditch for...
    Well, for years! ;~)
    It's at least a few miles long and in very bad shape!
    One step forward and eight steps back!:~(
    Not too fast...I'll be uploading in the next hour, or so!

Just go to my flickr site and pull up my Palludarium Set!
    (Roll eyes)

Figures...!:~)
    It would be Allen's photo!
    I'm not so much into hybrids, but...
    I've really been interested in some of his Brassavola hybrids!!
    They always sell at high prices on eBay and are gorgeous!!
    Drool...drool...!

Scott

• snasxs
    16 years ago

Thank you Scott. I saw your black-banded sunfish. It is so cute! Wow! This is supposed to be a difficult (true) sunfish. You have done a great job.

However I could not find any blue-spotted sunfish at your site. For your ranch: if the "rain" was still not there, then you probably are on the East side of the country. You might consider a dribbling irrigation system. The Israeli invention requires little maintenance.

• scott361
    16 years ago

I'll respond in my Palludarium thread.
    I don't want to be a chronic highjacker!
    Or...is it too late?

Scott

• highjack
    16 years ago

Congrats Samuel I know you are very excited about the impending blooms. The Mendenhall is a classic. Hopefully I won't fall in love with your Ang. leonis, I need to reduce my wish list, not add to it.

Brooke

• cattleya17
    16 years ago

hahahahah thanks guys the bud are producing honey dew that tastes sweet hhah i was wondering if it tasted sweet so i tasted it (Weird i know) it was sweet and knida flowery tasting but good. my ang leonis buds' tail is still growing and if i get close to the bud it is starting to produce fragrance!!! thats good im guessing when everything happens i will be sure to post on this conversation side and a thread full of pics for the photo gallery!!!!!!! Can you do that? anyways thanks and happy growing!!!! and i too am making a wish list that is now currently 35 plants strong!!!!!! haha!

Samuel

• whitecat8
    16 years ago

Well, I resisted reading this thread as long as possible because my collection is supposed to be getting smaller. The current reframing - it's getting more refined. Like that? Not-so-clever rationalization for adding more plants BUT, they're different and almost all are lots smaller than previous ones.

Blooming:

- Bl. Richard Mueller, just purchased
    - Dendrobium ceraula (gonzalesii) - still blooming from 8/07, when it arrived
    - Dendrobium Mini-Snowflake (Den. aberrans x Den. johnsoniae), just purchased
    - Dendrobium moniliforme, Scented Moon - first moniliforme to rebloom under my care!
    - Doriopsisium Little Emma (Pixie Star 'Starry Night' x delicosa 'Tinkerbell'), blooming from purchase
    - Dtps. Kenneth Schubert 'Blue Angel' (Doritis pulcherrima x Phal. violacea), everblooming
    - Oncidium Twinkle 'White Cap' (Onc. cheirophorum x Onc. ornithorhynchum), 1st time reblooming under my care
    - Oncidium Twinkle 'Red Fantasy,' 1st reblooming under my care
    - Paph Estella (fairrieanum x godefroyae leucochilum 'Cabernet Splash'), 1st reblooming under my care
    - Sl. Marriottiana (flava) (L. flava 'Clone 1' x Soph. coccinea flavum), just purchased

In spike/sheath/bud:

- Aerangis fastuosa - 1st Ang. in spike for 1st time under my care!
    - Baptistonia echinata, just purchased
    - Brassavola nodosa, var. grandiflora, 1st time in spike under my care
    - Chiloschista pygmeas - in the middle of sequential blooming for the first time under my care
    - Dendrobium aberrans, 1st time under my care, after skipping the last time
    - Dendrobium atroviolaceum ('Pygmy' x sib.), 1st time under my care
    - Dendrobium Himezakura 'Sanokku' (Den. Oberon x Den. Cassiope), 1st time, etc.
    - Dinema polybulbon, just purchased
    - Dtps. Sogo Gotris (Phal. Be Tris x Dtps. Sogo Manager), 1st time, etc.
    - Dtps. Sogo Melinda 'Caribbean Sunset' (Dtps. Autumn Leaves x Phil. Sogo Lit-Angel)
    - Masdevallia Celtic Frost (Angel Frost 'Orange Parfait' HCC/AOS x glandulosa 'Nemo') - 1st & only Masde spiking for 1st time under my care!
    - Phal. Baldans Kaleidoscope, peloric, budding from original spike when purchased in early Sept.
    - Phal. Cameo, aka Phal. Windsong's Sonnet 'Pine Ridge Peloric' (Zuma Poem x equestris)
    - Phal. Center Stage 'Pine Ridge Cockleshell' AM/AOS
    - Phal. Guadalupe Pineda (amboinensis 'Pisang Ambon' x bellina 'Whitey'), 1st time, etc.
    - Phal. I-Hsin Salmon 'Joy No. 3' (Princess Midas X Kuntrarti Rarashati)
    - Phal. javanica (KF#1 X KF#2), 1st time, etc.
    - Phal. parishii, 1st time, 2 spikes
    - Phal. Penang Girl âChing Reuyâ (Phal. violacea x Phal. venosa), 1st time, and I've had this sucker since 6/05. Thrilling!
    - Phal. schilleriana-stuartiana (schilleriana (2N from the Phillippines) x stuartiana 'Miami Beach'), just purchased
    - Phal. Summer Beach (Ken Peterson x Mama Cass)
    - Phal. Tetra Bell (bellina 'Star of Borneo' x tetraspis 'Snow White')
    - Phal NOID, white
    - Phal NOID, yellow, 2 spikes
    - Polystachya piersii
    - Psychopsis Mendenhall 'Hildos' FCC/AOS (Butterfly x papilio)

I didn't realize this many are spiking/blooming for the first time under my care. Exciting!

Congrats to everyone - Whitecat8

• highjack
    16 years ago

Whitecat I hope you will post a pic when your Tetra Bell blooms - love the pedigree.

We have so many talented successful growers - amazing.

Brooke

• leisurely
    16 years ago

I have a greenhouse with about 300 plants and a large number of plants are in spike or blooming and I am not going to list them. What I would like to say is that I think it is very interesting to see how different plants bloom at different times depending on what part of the country they are growing in. For example, Whitecat is blooming phals. in Mn. In Florida, my zone, phals. do not bloom until late winter through spring.

• snasxs
    16 years ago

Brooke, here: {{gwi:207993}}. Thanks.

• whitecat8
    16 years ago

Brooke, the Tetra Bell bloomed last summer from the 2 spikes it had when purchased -

{{gwi:208036}}

{{gwi:206248}}

The heavenly fragrance reminds me of Hawaii - plumeria. Lovely memories.

Whitecat8

• snasxs
    16 years ago

whitecat, that is wonderful! Does the fragrance last for months? - a must have :-)

Anyways, I have some miscellaneous/assorted items just opened. What is it?

{{gwi:208037}}

{{gwi:208038}}

• whitecat8
    16 years ago

Snasxs, my plant bloomed outside this summer, and the flowers didn't last very long. It could have been from the heat and weird weather. Whitecat8

• sweetcicely
    16 years ago

Snasxs,

That yellow Paph is Jumping-up-and-down-and-Screaming Gorgeous!! (as a Mississippi friend used to say)

Sweetcicely

• highjack
    16 years ago

Thanks for the pics snasxs and Whitecat - beautiful. I can almost smell it.

Brooke

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH