SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
all_things_green

When should I transplant my seedlings?

all_things_green
16 years ago

Hello, I have started a flat of fore different types of house plants, and 15 of each: Radermachera sinica, Cordyline australis, Schefflera arboricola var. pittman's pride, and Philodendron selloum. I sowed them on Jan 25, and on Feb 1 one of my Radermacheras germinated, and pushed through the surface. And on Feb 4 one of my Cordyline australis germinated. As of today Feb 12, both seedlings seem very healthy with there first seed leaves, and three more of my Radermacheras are pushing through. And was wondering if it would be safe to transplant the two seedlings from out of the seed flats into regular potting soil so that I can continue nursing the slower germinating seeds? Or should I give them more time in the heated soil? And also I used a neutral soilless mix to start them in, and was wondering if I should start fertilizing the two that have germinated, or should I wait until they grow there true leaves? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time with growing houseplants from seed. :) Thank you

Comments (4)