SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

String algae dissappearing but pea soup ugly as ever.

hbwright
15 years ago

Okay, I think I have all the ingredients for clear water, but it is not cooperating. At first I thought just add more plants and let them do their job. A month later the string algae, which was growing healthy and fast is almost completely gone and doesn't seem to be growing back, the other plants in the pond are growing good except for the water hyacinth, which is either not doing well for some reason or it is still too early. I have a few marginals, not much but I'm adding to it, tons of anacharis and hornwort enough to cover the bottom at least 3/4 and parrotfeather anchored to some shelves along with watercress in the stream, A few different Ipomoea in the skippy filter and hyacinth and duckweed in the boggy area that goes down the stream into the pond. I have tons of quilt batting wrapped around everything and stuck in everything. It is around both pumps, in the skippy, covering the area where the water goes through from the bog area and into the stream. Last year this worked like charm and this year it does absolutely nothing. Am I not being patient enough? Any other suggestions to get this cleared up. I have a bash every 4th of July at my house and my goal was to have it cleared for the party but I'm not seeing that happening.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21