SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joytosew

Once again Lambs Ear lost

joytosew
16 years ago

I have read and had several people tell me how easy it is to grow lambs ear. Well there must be something wrong with me because I am growing everything great but the lambs ear.

The first time it died I thought maybe it doesn't like to be transplanted. So, I got some peat pots as not to disturb it at all when putting it in a bigger pot once it became a seedling. This actually worked great for 2 weeks then it just died.

Ok, so I planted again in peat pots then transfered over to a 16oz. container when it was about 2 inches above the peat pot. Placed in a 16oz. container and it actually grew and started more leaves then one day they looked awful =(

I am doing something wrong I just can't figure it out because it starts to grow then dies.

Growing in my basement under lights. Area is just like a greenhouse. I have mylar above each light and under all plants.

Soil: I use a soil-less spangum peat moss mixed with vermiculite for seeding.

After seeding: I have a mix of the peat moss, vermiculite and compost I use to promote the plant growth without having to add a bunch of fertilizer. So far, to my knowledge everything is organic that I am using.

My lights: set about 4 to 6 inches above my plants and are flourecent bulbs 6500k.

Heat: stays above 60 degrees at night and below 75 degrees during the day.

Bugs: I check for them everyday but don't have any that I can see. I look up under each plants leaves and in soil to make sure.

Watering: I bottom water all plants including the lambs ear. After watering I check each pot to make sure enough water absorbed to be around the roots and has drained well from the containers.

Ok, anyone have ideas of what I could be doing? Maybe you need some info that I have left out?

I did plant lambs ear in containers for ws. I hope they grow or I won't have any this year.

Any help is appreciated,

thank you

cristi

Comment (1)