SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mymurphdog

Indoor Climbing Rose in Trouble

mymurphdog
10 years ago

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to roses and in desperate need of any help. My plant comes from a cutting. The source plant was my grandmother's and was planted about 35 years ago, which has since been destroyed. I've had it for ~2 years.

It was growing well and looked healthy until we moved across town in Sept. It lost 3 canes and all new growth seems to suddenly curl, wilt, and dry up. And as of yesterday, the new growth that was doing super well just wilted. It's now down to 1 long cane. 80% of the leaves on this cane are gone, but it does have some new growth. That growth has curled leaves and are rather yellow.

I've read about cankers, bores, blight, blackspot, etc over the past few months and don't feel like it has any of these issues but I have been fighting aphids naturally, which now seem to be under control.

The cane with wilted leaves now has ridges or veins, which weren't there yesterday, as if the cane isn't getting water and is drying up. I'm certain my poor rose bush is dying. Any ideas on how to proceed? The pot is large and the plant has water (I don't overwater) and has not been heavily fertilized. It's indoors and I have a plant light on it.

I've uploaded additional pictures here:
http://www.groundwatergeek.com/test1/about-the-geek/mg

Thanks for any help. It's truly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Additional Pictures

Comments (7)