SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

Thinking spring so therefore thinking alfalfa tea question!!

Hi everyone. Sorry to ask this question because I know theres a gazillion threads about alfalfa tea. I have already read several old threads but thought this might take less time. Can you remind me how much alfalfa pellets you add per gallon of water? I have several 18 gallon containers that I use for the tea and I usually add the pellets then add enough water to let the pellets dissolve but not too much so I can lift the containers in my wagon and pull around to all my flower beds. After 5 days or so I put the container in my wagon and finish filling it full of water. I look at it as making a concentrated version of the tea and then when I am ready to use it I add the rest of the water. Is this Okay or am I suppose to add all the water when I first do it? I have also read about some people adding molasses to theirs. Should I add it too? I do add fish emulsion when I have it. I read where you can apply it as a foliar feed too. Do any of you recommend it as a foliar feed? I hope I haven't confused everyone. Sorry to bother everyone with yet another post about alfalfa tea. Thanks for your help, Judy

Comments (27)