SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scryn

quarantining new shubunkin

scryn
15 years ago

I purchased two small shubunkin last week. My pond only has one large koi. I lost my other shubunkin and koi this winter, which was very sad. The two new guys are very happy in their quarantine tank however It will be getting very warm soon and I am worried about it being too hot in the little tank for them.

None of the other fish in the store we purchased them from were flicking or appeared ill. We watched for about five minutes. They were put in my quarantine tank with a higher salt concentration for 2 days and now everyday I take about maybe a quarter of the water and put the larger pond water in it so they can acclimate to that pond water. They seem very happy and a lot less shy than other fish I have purchased.

They have been in their tank for a week. I have read about koi pox and so-on but they are not koi. Can shubunkin have koi pox?? I am wondering when I could add them to my main pond because I am concerned about the weather getting very hot. The quarantine tank is about 25 gallons. It is in the shade.

How long would it take for white spot to show up? That seems to be the most common ailment of goldfish. They are not flicking ect. so I don't think they have parasites. any other diseases I should be looking for??

thanks for your suggestions!

-Renee

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County