SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cattleya17

Discussion: Angs. Please Come Discuss

cattleya17
16 years ago

Hello i would like to start a discussion on angs because there are alot of questions i and others have and i think it would be great if we discuss it. I have wanted to try angs for a long time and i know that they get quite large depending on variety. Now i am looking to buy either an Ang.Leonis, Angraecum didieri, or Angraecum Veitchii.i was told by ton of websites that they are low maitinence but i know that this could be the wrong advice. i am worried about the watering of the plant, i know that they have large roots that dont like to be wet for long Correct? so i personaly do not want to mount the plant because i know that it wont work in my case. most of the places that ive found selling these are blooming size and in pots so i feel that they can be grown in that manner. is this wrong?

I hear that they have a rest dry period, so how do i tell when that is and what do i do when that time comes. Ang leonis is my #1 choice because its small, it has attractive foliage ,and i found a website that is all about angs and their family and where they come from and it said that Ang.Leonis is one of the most rewarding Orchid houseplants to grow and i really want to try it out. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. i just want to be able to care for this plant as best i can with my growing conditions.i understand that some of the others such as susquipedale and Veitchii Get huge but grow slow so it wont be a problem immediatly. i have room for the smallest plants untill my bro moves out and then i can expand my space and put some tables in. But for now i will stick to the smallies. what types pf potting material do i use and what is CHC and S/H? will lava rock work. As i said before this is what im most worried about, watering and potting. So Now that i am done babbling I really would like your help!!!!!!! any at all!!!!! Last question. Are they Easy?

Samuel

Comments (17)