SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodkarma_

Selling my house with my koi pond

goodkarma_
12 years ago

I have decided to try to move closer to my daughter as she feels 5 miles away is too far. :) So I had the real estate appraiser come to do a market appraisal and she firmly believes I should market my house with the large Koi pond. I was shocked and had already received quotes to fill the pond in. Who knew that a Koi pond in an Ohio suburb would be anything but a hinderence to selling?

I am posting this thread because in the past people have questioned if it is good or bad to have a pond when you sell your house. Keep your fingers crossed for me as I hope to sell my house with the Koi pond intact. I do however plan to take my fish with me to my new house when I find it. I am looking at a house with almost an acre of land that has two lily ponds that I would rip out. lol The one thing I know is that I have looked at three houses already and have nixed two because they do not allow the pond that I envision. It is really tough to be so pond focused that you turn down a house because it won't fit your ponder lifestyle. Only you ponder people understand where I am coming from. My DH just sighs and says "Next". lol

Comments (19)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH