SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Bought my pump and filter

newyorkrita
16 years ago

So after first thinking of getting the out of pond bio fiter and then realizing I would need a separate pump as they are not one unit, I thought maybe to get a biofilter and pump unit like my neighbor has which is one unit. I ones I had seen were Becket Brand Pond Filter kit sold at Home Depot.

Went to Home Depot and was not satisfied with anything I saw. Went to a local nursery that has a "big" pond department and was completely underwhelmed with the fish selection and the pond plant selection. They did have Red Stemmed Parrot Feather potted so I bought that but otherwise the bored teenage girl there didn't know from nothing except that they would get more fish in Thursday.

Went Home and unloaded my car because I had the few things and two bags of pond stones I had bought at home depot plus my extension cords.

Decided to try my neighbors advice (who also has a pond) and went to a local place in town. What a pleasure to actually deal with someone who knew what they were doing. They install and mantain ponds for people and have all sorts of pond stuff including EXTREMELY lovely fish in the $45.00 to $75.00 dollar range. But they have fish in the $7.00 to $15.00 dollar range too which were really low on stock. Apparently Thursday they are getting in a large shipment of fish and pond plants.

They will have more underwater plants (there were some) and the common floaters such as Water Hyacinth. Going back Thursday.

So today I got four bunches of Hornsworth (?) and my pump/filter unit. I got a Hozewlock Brand (never heard of it) EasyClear TM 4'N1 system. Its one unit which is the pump with bio filter plus UVC and fountain heads. You can also use it for pumping to a waterfall but I don't have one. The guy guaranted me clear water with this system, said it was the best made for my size pond.

Going to go out now and see if I can figgure out how to set this up.

Comments (2)