SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mylab123

Princess Alexandra of Kent

mylab123
13 years ago

I'm wanting to grow some deeper pink rose bushes mainly for bloom cutting for indoors. The bush needs to be fairly short, shorter in height than six feet and a good repeater bloomer. I live in zone five, don't get much snow but sometimes the winters can be dry.

I don't know much about rose growing - I put in an Abe Darby twelve years ago which was a glorious bush but died last year - it was beautiful but I didn't find the blooms to be good for cutting as the cups were too heavy to hold themselves upright on the stems while in a vase, the color was a little too light pink for my taste and the bush was gigantic. It was a fairly nice repeater though, but this time I want to put in something with a deeper pink color, a good repeater (important), a short growing bush.

In trying to figure out what is out there that would fit my bill, I came across a picture of Princess Alexandra of Kent which I think looks lovely and seems to fit what it is that I want. If you have grown this rose bush, would you rate it for me? I'm not experienced in rose growing so appreciate any and all advice you can offer, or any alternatives you think would suit my purpose better. I plan to put in three bushes in one area backed by a wood fence, perhaps all the same bush and I read somewhere that Princess Alex of Kent is nice planted in threes due to it's smaller size. I think that maybe planting three would make it nice for the main purpose for blooms indoors and still maintaining a nice amount of blooms for an attractive appearance in the bed.

Thank you very much!

Comments (12)