SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rayne_gw

Just thought I'd share.... (Pic heavy)

rayne
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and very new to orchids (but learning). I was feeling froggy, so I thought I'd take a leap at mounting a couple orchids. My b/f likes to play paintball and whilst out tromping around, he found a really cool gnarled, twisted limb and brought it home to me. For a few months it hung out by the pond while I looked at it, knowing something wasn't quite complete. Finally, after finding out I could mount orchids, I knew that was it! So, I got some sphag, some bark and some courage, and this is what I came up with:

{{gwi:200470}}

{{gwi:200471}}

{{gwi:200472}}

{{gwi:200473}}

{{gwi:200474}}

{{gwi:200475}}

They are all whites. I thought a theme would look cool when it blooms. I'm *trying* to train a philo up the side, but I'm realizing how ugly that pot is. LOL. I don't think I'm done with it yet, it still seems to be missing something. Also, I may move it, I think it needs a bit more light. I included the up close pic of the one orchid mainly because of the dimple in the leaf. Does that look like something that should concern me? Also - I just did this Sunday night. The plants came out of glazed clay pots with bark/charcoal and into pretty much just cradles of moss. The pots I watered less than once a week, the moss was bone dry today. I just misted before the pics. Is that unusually fast to dry out? I was thinking about using the mister to feed when I water, but may not if I have to mist that often. Ideas? Comments? Criticisms?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting