SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bamboo_ca

Need good links for dividing a cattleya

bamboo_ca
14 years ago

Anyone know of any good sites that demonstrate how to properly divide a catt (preferably with step-by-step picture and/or diagrams or a video)? I am going to divide a catt for the first time soon, since it has 16 healthy (none are black) pseudo bulbs now.

This is my first catt and I got it about 18 months ago from Kawamoto at a local orchid show for $15--I'm pretty happy I haven't killed it or any of the other orchids I've squired so far. It seems to have done well over the last year when I realized it wasn't getting enough sunlight and relocated it. When I bought it, there were only two very small (about 1.5 in.) and two medium-sized (3-4 in.) pseudo bulbs, but all the newer ones that have grown since then are much larger (8-10 in.). The other catt I bought hasn't done as well (only 5 new pseudo bulbs). I used a different potting medium for that one, so I think I'm going to give it the same medium when it finishes blooming.

Also, I wanted to ask whether I should consider dividing my catt into more than just two parts since there are so many pseudo bulbs?

Thanks

Chad

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022