SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandig3_gw

My remade pond

mandig3
16 years ago

I began ponding with a 300gal pond that I really enjoyed. I have since enlarged it to 3000 gal and made it (hopefully) racoon-proof since one ate a lot of my original fish in the small pond (sad story).

Hopefully the pic will come through. You can't really see the waterfall very well in this picture and everything is looking overgrown around the waterfall.

My water is still murky. I have a 100gal skippy filter that flows into my waterfall and the water was extremely clear about 1 month ago. I had to clean out the skippy filter because I didn't cover it with netting early enough to prevent leaves from getting into it in the fall. I had a lot of sludge in it. Anyway, I hope that problem is fixed now. Maybe the helpful bacteria is messed-up from me having to clean the filter (you're not supposed to with the Skippy). Any ideas about when/if my pond will clear back up? My old pond was smaller so the plants really helped clear the water. I might need to add some more. I haven't repotted my lilies yet because this is the end of the school year and I've just been too busy.

Thanks for the input!

Mandi

Okay, I was hoping to just paste a pic here like some of you seem to have done. How do you get your pics in your message?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!