SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marial1214

Help! My pond insert has a hole!

marial1214
16 years ago

Since we moved into this house 4 years ago, I've been trying to find the reason my small kidney shaped plastic pond has been losing water down to the level of the step. I'm not sure it's a step but I dont know how else to describe it. There is a sort of a lip going around it and it drops off to about a foot in depth at that point. The water, no matter how many times I fill it always levels off just below the "lip."

Now I've tried scrubbing it clean every spring time and letting it dry so that I could inspect around that area, but I am not able to find any split or hole.

And I've never found any water accumulating on the ground outside the pond, even though it's buried.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've thought about replacing the plastic but I'm afriad the earth will cave in and all the pretty rocks once if we lift it out. Plus I'm not sure I could find the same shape.

What do you pond pros think about this? Is it obvious I have a hole somewhere. I've observsed the small water fall and I never see water jumping out. The rocks are placed so the water runs down right back into the pond.

Help!!

Comments (12)