SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Happy, moving and memorable

gardenbug
17 years ago

I took very few photos of my DD's wedding because I was never free to do so! Here I offer you a few from moments leading up to the beautiful outdoor ceremony. I will add more as they dribble in. :)

Here you see our miracle grandson with DH. He should not be alive after heart failure and the failure of other organs in infancy. Now 7, he brings joy to the world at every moment. (He'll often sneak in sign language to tell secrets!)

{{gwi:179019}}

{{gwi:179020}}

Friend Lynn begins the floral hairpiece for the bride.

{{gwi:179021}}

Some of the flowers were grown by DD for the occasion.

{{gwi:179022}}

Many of the farm paths are lined with the bicycles collected over the years. The groom is one of six children.

{{gwi:179023}}

A new outhouse was dug and decorated for the camping guests. DS is the hero. What a gift!

{{gwi:179025}}

The landscape of Alberta to sleep in!

{{gwi:179026}}

The honeymoon cottage is a sort of museum:

{{gwi:179027}}

{{gwi:179028}}

An old painting by the groom.

{{gwi:179029}}

Lynn and I (mostly Lynn) made ribbon decorated posts to float in the breeze. These defined the outdoor ceremony area. Flowers decorated the tops of the dowels. It was sensational! After the ceremony people carried them to the barn area and waved them high and sang.

{{gwi:179030}}

The bride's bouquet was made with 'green' roses, hypericum, hydrangea, lisianthus and wax flowers.

{{gwi:179031}}

Their poet friend gave a poem as a gift and read it for all. :)

{{gwi:179032}}

Lynn's gorgeous wreath marked the spot where everyone rejoiced after the ceremony.

{{gwi:179034}}

There was so much more. I hope to share some of it with you as the photos arrive.

Comments (27)