SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moochelle

Pump / Filter Problem...

moochelle
15 years ago

Ok.. I am at a total loss, and it seems I only post here when I have a problem / question so please I beg you forgive that.. I come here all the time looking and reading, just don't have a lot to offer so I don't post..

Here is my latest crisis...

This season, I was getting tired of my old pump and invested in a new one.. It is a 700 gph Beckett pump... When I first hooked it up to my Tetra PF2 biofilter, it worked great! Then it started to clog with the "stuff" in the water from the spring cleaning.. I then looked up how to build the Adam's Filter (not looking to start a debate on those, I like it, and that isn't the point of my question....if you'll just read on...) So I housed it in one of those, went thru 2 cleanings of the stuff in the Adam's before this problem arose... Suddenly, I started getting EXTREMELY low flow from the pump.. I cleaned, I broke down and cleaned...I cleaned the pump, the pre-filter, the bio filter..Nothing... I carried it back and swapped it, thinking it was a bad pump?? Wrong...No go.. Then I read that maybe this pump was the wrong size for my Tetra PF2, so I purchased off the net a Tetra DynaMag 750 gph pump.. I hooked it up last night after I got home from work, stuck it directly in the pond, bypassing the Adams Filter (mainly till it was light outside, didn't get home till late..hehe) and it still has very little flow... I thought during the night maybe it is the outlet? I switched the outlet and still no go... I have washed thru the hosing with the hosepipe, blew it out with air.. Still no go..

Any ideas guys? I am at the end of my rope, and I am feeling so bad for my fishes that I am not able to give them the happy environment they have had for the last 5+ years :(

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville