SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

I just have to tell you about this one.

agnespuffin
15 years ago

There was an article in our local paper the other day about having to watch our pennies in the coming Hard Financial Times. I read it, and while it had a few good ideas, the gist of the article blew me away.

It was about Tipping others as a way of stretching your income. You know as well as I do that there are many people that depend on the tips from others to make it from day to day. The writer of this article seemed to live in a different world.

He (or She) suggest that as one way to take care of our finances was to be careful how we tipped others for their service. Such as:

Don't eat out so often. A nice romantic evening at home would save the tip.

Your manicurist (and probably your hairdresser too) would probably appreciate a plate of home made cookies as much as she would money.

Give a good tip to those that would need it most. Your gardener would probably need his tip more than your personal trainer.

Soooooo, what we have is a person with a manicurist, (and probablly a hairdresser)a personal trainer and a gardener saving money by eating in every night and saving on tips.

Am I the only one that wonders what planet this writer lives on?

No comment needed. I just had to get it out of my system.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction
More Discussions