SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

silly newbie doing her happy dance...

serenasyh
14 years ago

everyone, a while back I posted this a thread saying this...

"LOL! I remember when I first started growing roses my rose mentor would say patience, you gotta have patience.

Now here I am staaaaaring at my 2 orchids and chanting, GRoooow, groooooow grow! And there's nothing to measure. At least with my roses I can grab that measuring tape and! I even measured my 2 orchid blooms. Now there's only one baby leaf that is taking its sweet time growing...And here I am, staring at the base of my leaves, wishing something magical would start popping up in between....I peeked under some bark and alas no new pseudobulbs. Now orchids, that! is teaching me patience."

Well, hurrray, after once again, poking and poking at my "sterile" bark on one of my orchids, to the immediate left where I had been poking like a kid trying to peek under the wrappers for Christmas, literally, right under my nose was a knobby new baby psuedobulb! branching out like a little turnip. It was so cute! I had originally missed out on it because I was too busy poking and staring at the surrounding bark! LOL!

I am doing a little happy dance!!! I thought for sure since I was a newbie and made the whopper mistake of planting in too big of a pot that my 2 orchids wouldn't be having much growth at all and would be spending all its time developing roots instead. Well, I am happy, happy to see this little baby sprouting!

Comments (7)