SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

The toads are singin'!

catherinet
13 years ago

Yesterday, since it finally warmed up a little, I decided to clean out my little stocktank pond Good thing, 'cause today there's a male and female toad in there, getting ready to.........well, you know.

Its very warm today. I hope the storms stay away until tomorrow so I can sleep with my windows open tonight and listen to the toad's song! Ahhhh......heaven.....

Comments (6)

• clarabelle63
    13 years ago

I know what you mean, Catherinet. I think there is a red light by my pond and an open for business sign out there somewhere, cause the toads are doing things that would make my momma blush!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    13 years ago

I am jealous! I love to hear the tree frogs in the spring but they just don't seem to survive here. I think we have too many critters that love frogs legs for dinner.

• fireant
    13 years ago

We have the little trillers here too. They are sooo much louder than our leopard frogs.

• catherinet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I counted 7 toads in my 300 gallon stocktank pond today! Its gettin' pretty crazy in there. I think there's just one female!
    What a lovely-sounding night it was. They sang all night long.

• ernie_m
    13 years ago

It must be something in the air. Yesterday my Mister Big Froggie made his first appearance with a big splash when I went back to check the pond. He's been sleeping under a slate rock up till now.

Later I saw him bobbing near the "off ramp" I made him.

He looks good for fasting all winter long!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I am sorta outside city limits and there are a few ponds/streams around our area, and BOY are the frogs/toads LOUD! I came home once later in the evening and a whole herd? of babies were crossing the road...YUK! Don't wanna think how many I ran over....