SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hotcookie101

leaking pond

hotcookie101
17 years ago

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me. I moved into my house 9 mo ago where i have a pond with various goldfish and koi. It has thick rubber flexible liner,

last year a rock fell in and as it was winter we left it there, but recently with warming weather we went in and took it out.

unfortunately since then the water level is dropping q quickly so we figured it must have a hole in it. So we need to fix quickly before fishes die :-(

My question is-do you think we can use a rigid pond liner as a holding tank-use pond vac to move most water, then fish to holding tank, then without removing old liner, put down a pond underlay, then new liner, then refill pond? Do you think we could do this or would we have to take out old damaged liner? I know its hard to tell without seeing it but if have to disturb fish by moving wd prefer to just replace rather than try to repair liner.

The other option is for my OH to dig a new pond on level above where it is, then move fish pond vac water etc etc.

I prefer the non slipped disc option, but would appreciate all your expert advice please. Thank you very much, sorry its so long, Kate

Comments (5)