SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Where Did They Eat in Mayberry? AKA Does Everybody Know Your Name

"Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name..."

Do you have a spot like this?

I've had many, mostly because I get stir crazy and do almost always want to eat. Mom and I visited the cafe in Vienna where Trotsky had his mail delivered instead of to his home, because he was there so much... plotting the Russian Revolution 'n things. Mom stole me a menu, lol.

There is a little Greek place by the office... we know the owners from years back and now the son who runs it and watched as the new tiffany-style lamps were rejected by the clientele until now it is still the quintessential burgundy-boothed joint one has seen from the 60's to the opening of the new millineum, unchanged.

They used it in the movie Mr Destiny as the hamburger joint Belushi and whatshername went to. We watched the filming from the hill across the road. George has pictures of himself with the cast beside the telephone.

The Pizza stinks and always has, BTW.

Nothing earth-shattering happened to prompt this post... just wondering.

I did ask the cook if he knew what the theoretical upper bound for the maximum number of internet addresses would be the other day. He knew. The next day he told me that he'd been feeling like he didn't do anything well or have anything to call his own and it really brightened him up to be asked that and get to ponder it, etc. Cool. I thanked him for not thinking I was crazy for asking.

I always get the spanokopita and coffee.

How 'bout y'all?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!