SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Neighbor planted hedge of Hemlocks 4-6 inches from property line

My pal just suprised me with a row of Tsugas that sprouted overnight sans warning. Even though I'd been over [invited] the other night and we chatted for hours as I kept her kids in stiches and was homework master, etc. from her urging. No warning at all. Great.

There will be no hole or anything to get from her yard to mine... okey dokey.

Frankly, she's been stealing my plants, used my lawnmower an entire season, strolls through my yard alone while I'm not there, etc. I do believe the undeniable conclusion is that the girl's a bit of a freak. Oh, well.

So, the Tsugas are planted a maximum of 6 inches from what her husband thinks is the property line. As in, their wee little trunks are that close. Oh my. I did a cursory measure from a surveyed marker twice, and I've got that the whole shebang is about a foot over the line. They are about a foot apart, too. This just won't be pretty later, I fear.

I am having the line surveyed to install fencing on that side later in the year, which she knew. So, we'll see where things should be, as I planned... but the whole tacky manner of this has just floored me. I have no clue what to say to the kids.

To make matter worse, my crazy neighbor who poured half her driveway over my other side came out to snoop when Pal-neighbor and I were standing at the surveyed X in her driveway, where I'd just measured. She went off on me [thinks their my trees? Still mad that I noticed that she poured her driveway over 4 ft into my yard? Just a horrid woman whatever the case].

I roared back... Pal-neighbor practically ran away. Crazy neighbor may well be picturing my head in her headlights approaching fast. Ask me, do I care??

So say a little prayer that crazy neighbor will just go back to her usual foul paranoid self and not try to sue me, etc, as she is apt to do when anyone gives her a shout back.

Hey, I didn't even cuss and wasn't loud... I say it was refreshing to finally have her complain about me to me instead of trying to gossip about all the other neighbors to me!

Oh brother, I swear some days I know animals are nicer to be around than people ;]

Comments (20)