SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
equinecpa

When do you know what made it through the winter?

equinecpa
14 years ago

I may be being impatient but the pond hardy lily was the first thing I saw spring to life this spring even before the land gardens were sprouting.

This is my ponds first winter so I have no idea when I can expect stuff to start sprouting again. I see the bog lily putting up growth but nothing else from the other submerged plants. I don't want them rotting so I'd like to know when they should sprout -who's a late sprouter and who should have started by now:

I have one tropical water lily (rhonda kay), some silk stockings, small taros, pickerel rush, a corkscrew rush and a dwarf bull rush ..I think that's it (other than the lilies that have already sprouted). Oh and chameleon planted in a container.

We had an oddly cold winter so the freezes may have got some of the plants. It's really warming up now (most daytime temperatures in the 70's) so the water must be starting to warm up...

Can you experienced ponders chime in? And since I am an impatient sole what is a pond plant that blooms early. I don't have much bog area as this is a raised pond so I'm looking for something that is an actual water plant)

Thanks!

Carolyn

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County