SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Some Austins and others

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

I'm still trying to encourage the Austins/old roses gardeners to make more use of this gallery. I mean, you folks grow such beautiful roses--take some pics and let us see them--please!

I grow a fair number of Austins and a few older type roses, so here are the latest ones to open in this early spring in my garden. Hope you enjoy.

William Shakespeare 2000--always one of my favorites.

{{gwi:208899}}

Molineux--part of a larger 3-in-1 bush. I really love this one.

{{gwi:208900}}

Mayflower--this Austin impresses me more each year, and this may be the prettiest pic of it I've ever taken.

{{gwi:208901}}

Anne Bolyn--a shorter Austin. I'm still waiting to see what all it will do. This is its third year in this spot, so hopefully it will let her rip this year.

{{gwi:208902}}

Mortimer Sackler--I think some of you have seen this pic before. Morty is such a reliable rose--and pretty.

{{gwi:208903}}

Golden Showers--not exactly an old rose, but certainly an older rose in my garden--about 25 years old!

{{gwi:208904}}

Mrs. John Laing--Hybrid Perpetual. I have two of these. Adore those big fat blooms!

{{gwi:208905}}

Well, I see I failed to take pics of several other Austins and of my two hybrid musks and my rugosa. I do need to get busy on this camera stuff! And there are a couple polyanthas that have not bloomed yet. In the meantime, here's a wonderful Bourbon:

Mystic Beauty--oops, you caught me. This pic is from last fall--as the brown leaves indicate. Mystic Beauty is actually blooming splendidly this spring, but for some reason I can't explain, I failed to take a pic of her also--which is why I sneaked an old one in instead (sorry!).

{{gwi:208906}}

I'd love to see some of your old roses and Austins also. : )

Kate

Comments (7)