SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Buff Beauty, Some Austins, and other beauties

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

Here's what is bursting into bloom now in my garden. I do believe I am becoming completely spoiled with this 6-weeks early blooming bonanza going on out there. Love it!

Buff Beauty (hybrid musk)--you may have heard her sad story. Crushed by a giant oak tree branch--had to be pruned practically to the ground the damage was so extensive--has never fully recovered in terms of size, but still pumps out the loveliest blooms.

{{gwi:207537}}

Buff Beauty -- close up.

{{gwi:207538}}

Buff Beauty -- another view. Isn't she lovely and courageous? And do you see my guardian gargoyle lurking near her feet?

{{gwi:207539}}

Pretty Jessica--This Austin is a short cutie. Such packed blooms!

{{gwi:207540}}

Pretty Jessica--another view

{{gwi:207541}}

Mortimer Sackler--this Austin gets better and better each year.

{{gwi:207542}}

Mortimer Sackler--alternate view. These blooms get larger each day they are open.

{{gwi:207543}}

Queen of Sweden--an Austin--always gracious and lovely

{{gwi:207544}}

Molineux--one of my favorite Austins. You may have seen this photo and the previous one over on the Rose Gallery also.

{{gwi:207545}}

Mayflower--a good reliable Austin--just starting to open in this photo.

{{gwi:207546}}

Anne Boleyn--another shorter Austin. Such delicate pastels with a hint of apricot, a touch of yellow.

{{gwi:207547}}

Anne Boleyn--see how delicate the pastels are?

{{gwi:207548}}

Anne Boleyn--fuller colors here, but she doesn't hold them for very long.

{{gwi:207549}}

Jubilee Celebration--this is the only picture of her that I took this season. I must start paying more attention to this lovely Austin.

{{gwi:207550}}

Mothersday--cutest little polyantha. Supposed to sprawl out for a couple feet, but so far just sits there looking small and cute.

{{gwi:207551}}

I just realized most of these are pink roses. Didn't know I had that many pink ones.

Kate

Comments (7)