SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

Stock tank questions

aggierose
13 years ago

I'm starting to plan my stock tank pond. I am going to buy the 300 gallon robbermaid stock tank. I have several questions and was wondering if you experts could help me.

1. I need a good pump recommendation. It needs to be at least 600 GPH, right? I'm willing to pay for a good one to make my life a little easier. Is one that goes in the water or stays out of the water better?

2. If an above ground pump is better, will I have to have a tube coming out of the pond somewhere to attach to the pump and then have to hide the tube?

3. What should be done in regards to a filter and how do I set it up?

4. I am going to put this tank in the ground and I noticed it has a drain hole on in. Should I seal the hole with something to make sure it doesn't leak water?

Just some extra info - I live in DFW area and I plan on keeping 4 feeder goldfish in this pond. They are currently about 3 inches long each and are in a whiskey barrel pond. They desperately need a new home. I may add one more feeder fish. The pond will be in full sun. I really want to make this as pretty as it can be, but also keep it a good environment for my fish. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (9)