SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mashistan

Scotts Bonus S Southern Weed & Feed on Bermuda grass

mashistan
10 years ago

Dear all,

I am new to here but I desperately need your help.

Today I was very stupid to apply Scotts Bonus S Southern Weed & Feed on my Bermuda grass. (I know I was stupid enough not to read the instruction carefully). I did not realize that until the watering was almost done. My sprinkler system has 6 zones. When I found the mistake and stopped the sprinkler system, the zone 1 -4 had been watering for 10 minutes, while 5 min for zone 5.

I searched the forum and found that someone made similar mistakes before. And a lot of people suggested to keep watering a lot to dilute the chemicals.

Since I did not water my lawn heavily, I think the chemical stuff may not be able to get deep enough. I am wondering if I should keep watering or wait for a couple of days first and then keep watering constantly?

Any input is very appreciated!

One more question, please take a look at the uploaded picture, there is some grass spreading out badly. I was wondering what kind of grass it is and talked to some guy at homedepot to find a way to fix that. And I was told there is not much I can do except fertilizing bermuda better to strong the root. Again, any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,
Stan

Comments (2)